Thursday, July 5, 2007

Australia

I went to Sydney, Australia for the first time in October 2005 on a business trip. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. I heard so much stories about "Down Under" and did not know what to really expect. The flight was 14 hours, can you imagine. The airline, Quantas was great, very comfortable. I got to the airport in Australia and there was my first challenge. The big sign said no food allowed outside of the airport. Of course, I had food and I was not about to throw out my food. Well, I set my intention on which customs guy I wanted to deal with me so that I would walk through without a search. Well, I got exactly what I imagined. Yes, having an intention and being focused on it really works.

Aboriginals performing


Yes, Woolworths still exist in Australia

Interesting mail boxes

Me galavanting with my two buddies

Remember I was there on business, so I did not have much time to really visit the place. However, one day I decided to walk the streets. The funny thing is, I felt really at home. I actually surprised myself. I could not believe I felt so comfortable. There you have, Australia makes you feel comfortable. The people were really friendly. You want to hear something funny? They actually asked me, where in Australia I was from. I thought that was quite interesting.

The second time around was in October 2006, on another business trip. Yes, now I am loving Australia. A funny coincident happen, I stayed in China town. It is interesting because I had just visited China in September of the same year. More about China later. Of course, I had to get a spa treatment or two. Alright, I got a facial and a massage.

Oh, I had a connecting flight through Fiji un the way to Australia this time around. I was not thrilled when I found out that it would be 4 hours layover. But, trust me, it was worth it. Fiji is simply gorgeous. The view of the mountains and the whole terrain was breathtaking to say the least. You know, Fiji is on my list of places to be on a vacation. The people are quite interesting. The men wear skirts, not all of them. They were playing Reggae music in one of the cafe in the airport. I felt right at home.

Airport in Fiji

Aerial view of Fiji from the plane

Raquel Smith, CMRC, CPC
Values Alignment Coach (TM)

No comments: