Monday, July 23, 2007

Jamaica - The Land of My Birth




This is the scenery from my aunt's house on top of the hill.


It was great to go back to Jamaica after not being there for 5 years. I spent 3 glorious weeks in December 2006 there. I got a chance to see family and friends that I did not see in a long time. I did not want to come back home when it was time to leave. I knew that I was going to stay there to live and then reality set in.


My uncle and I went together and we stayed at the Point Village Resort in Negril, an all inclusive resort along the 7 mile beach. My brother, Dwight is the Entertainment Manager. He is a triple threat; he sings, dances and acts and writes and produces stage plays. So you know I had fun and more fun. I stayed at the hotel instead of staying at someone's home because I wanted to see how the tourists experience Jamaica. I like the tourist life better because I like to live in luxury.


The greatest thing about that trip was the healing of my uncle. God used a humble unassuming woman with no formal training to massage all the bloodcloths from my uncle's legs. Plus we got a herbalist who gave him all kinds of natural herbs to drink. He started to stand up for brief moments and even walk a little. That was the beginning of his recovery. In another post I will update you on his progess today. Very exciting stuff.

Extended family with my uncle




My childhood friend and her kids



Me enjoying a beautiful sunset by the rock pool


My brother chilling with my uncle

Having fun on Christmas day


Hanging with my auntie




My two aunts (my mom sisters)




My uncle lifting up his legs for the first time since his injury

My aunty helping my uncle to exercise his legs (his sister)

Jamaica is a beautiful place and the people are extremely friendly. The food is great too. I was really overdoing it on the food. The sunset is out of this world.


No comments: