Friday, July 6, 2007

European Cruise


In September 2006, I decided that I wanted to take a cruise for my birthday. I should say that I wanted to go on a European cruise for quite some time, so I figure, just do it. Well, what better way to celebrate my bday, right. Here I am again going on a cruise solo. I had a balcony room, that was fabulous. I got be outside without going on deck. It was wonderful to wake up in the mornings and stand outside and see the beauty of the horizon and to meditate on the majesty of God. It was also great to see the ship pull into the harbor.

My dining table companions, coincidentally, the girl in the blue was traveling solo as well.


A fruit sculpture done by the chef for a midnight exhibition. I stayed up just to see displays and to eat of course.

I boarded the ship in Barcelona and cruised to Villefranche, Civitevecchia, Naples, Valleta, and Palma de Mallorca. They were all fun places. You know I had to take a tour of every place that we went , right. Big mistake. Why? First, all the tours were all day, I mean all day. Then, Europe is nothing but cobblestones and hills. I was in pain and tired, okay. Guess what I did the day that the ship was at sea. That's right, I went to spa and got a massage and a facial to relax my blues away. It did wonders.

I took a train around Villefranche, more like a tram car


The countryside is so beautiful, look at all the house in the mountain

I was surprised to see the clothes hanging on lines outside the apartments. I guess we are all alike.

The Vatican, the first window on the second floor is where the Pope speak to the people on certain days.

It is amazing to see the line just to get inside the cathedral. You know, I was not going to stand in that line. So, I did my little tour of Rome and then came back to shorter line. Inside is amazing. In Italy I got bamboozled, if that is a word. I wanted to taste pizza in Italy, right. Well, I went to this litte spot and got a slice and something to drink. The owner asked me if I was eating in or taking it, I said eating there. Would you know that the price was double to sit there and eat, I was in shock. I will know better next time.

Palma de Mallorca, according to the tour guide, is where St. Paul got shipped wrecked. It was interesting to see all the cathedrals and the intricate designs.

I would definitely do Europe again, but not the all day tours.

Ruins of the City of Pompei

No comments: